Cordsafe Ltd - Manufacturer of the Lifecord product - Manufacturer’s Warranty (applies to products purchased through its authorized dealers and distributors only)
Our products are inspected and tested prior to leaving the factory, but we are offering this voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. This is in addition to and does not affect your rights as a consumer. The product is guaranteed to be free from material defects for a period of one year commencing from the date of purchase from one of our authorized distributors and provides for manufacturing, mechanical and material defects (except where any of the exclusions below apply). The obligation of Cordsafe Ltd under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing, as we may elect, any parts that prove, in our judgement, to be defective in material or workmanship.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, or post them back to the appropriate distributor for your region (see Cordsafe.co.uk website for distributor list).
This warranty does not apply if:
1. The product has been used in a way that does not comply with the supplied instruction leaflet.
2. The product has been modified or tampered with in any way or the serial number has been removed or altered.
3. Damage is caused to the product by contact with or proximity to any toxic or corrosive product.
4. The product is used in conjunction with any product, boat or item that we have not specified it is designed to be used with.
5. The damage has been caused by misuse, negligence, accident, abuse, or natural disaster, including fire, lightning, storm and any other act that is not foreseeable or within our reasonable control.
6. The product has not been checked at least once every 12 months since initial purchase by one of our authorized distributors.
7. The product is used after the defect becomes apparent.
8. The defect arises from fair wear and tear or damage caused to consumable parts, such as batteries.
9. The defect is only cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents that do not affect the performance of the product.
1. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with our obligations, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but, unless we cannot limit our liability by law, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you purchased the product, both we and you knew it might happen.
2. No Cordsafe reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty.
3. Each of the paragraphs of this warranty operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect
4. You may transfer our warranty to a person who has acquired the product from you. We may require the person to whom the warranty is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the product.
5. These terms are governed by English law
Where jurisdictions allow, under no circumstances whatsoever shall Cordsafe, its Directors or employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages to life, the environment, property or reputation (corporate or otherwise) arising from or related to the use, misuse or defects of this device
Cordsafe Ltd, Unit 8F Parkway Farm, Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 3AR, UK. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or +44(0)1305 215736
Cordsafe Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 09698272 and registered offices at 31/33 Commercial Road, Poole, Dorset BH14 0HU, UK.